Monday, December 19, 2005

Sunday


Sunday was mostly a day of rest and shopping. That's right, I travel all the way around the world just to shop -- I'm sure my man points have just gone down again...

Spent the morning reading and doing a bit of work. Then hung at the pool for an hour before heading to the Wuse Market again. This time to actually buy things. We were able to get Joseph (our host's driver as seen in the picture) to take us to the market and make sure we didn't get completely taken by the locals in the negotiation process. Really appreciate him helping us out -- we bought him a couple of things in appreciation.

It's a very lengthy process actually performing a transaction here, the art of price negotiation is certainly not one of my strengths. I think Joseph was appalled whenever I got involved! Both Arvind and I were able to find some items of interest and think we ended up doing quite well in the end.

Later in the afternoon, spent at the Boathouse for an early dinner, some work, then back to the room for an early night.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm shocked that you aren't a great negociator Kipp... I mean, don't we have paint protection and the seat package and all that other stuff from your negociations when buying our cars?