Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In country!

I apologize for the dearth of information I've been providing, next post I'll try to explain my absence...

Suffice it to say, I am safe in Abuja, it's quite nice here with clear weather in the 90's on a daily basis. Yummy food, great hosts and I'm actually starting to make some progress on my research.

Of course nobody wants to get too close to me, as I've been in the same basic outfit since Thursday -- my luggage is yet to meet up with me, but I'm real hopeful that today is the day!

Internet access is, as expected, somewhat limited and rather expensive when available (one of the reasons for not posting more). The other being all of my power has been hanging out in my luggage in London...

Abuja is a city of about 2.5-3 million people last I heard. Rather spread out, but not nearly as much as Atlanta. I'll post more about the area later.

Until then...

Kipp