Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Last Day!

Well, unfortunately, my last day was spent mostly in a funk -- I apparently got something, ate something, or dranks something that didnt suit me. I was fighting a fever all day while trying to complete my outline for a Regional IXP position paper for Mrs. Emakpore.

I did get it done, but I struggled through it which was a drag.

My final meeting with Mrs. Emakpore occured this morning, where we discussed the framework and several issues that she wanted to make sure were included in the outline (things like national versus regional, where would it be located, coordinating across agencies/countries...). Big project, but lots of potential to spur a massive leap forward for the region in terms of connectivity and cost of said connectivity.

I also have been using SkpeOut the last couple days -- since my cell phone still doesn't have a charger (I decided to do an experiment and see if I could live without it). Apparently I can, but I have to find other outlets! SkypeOut lets you call from your computer to any old POTS phone out there. Actually called Arvind across the table -- would have been interesting to trace those packets, and then the return connection, to Nigeria and ultimately to the cell provider. Makes for an interesting delay, but hey, it's cool!

Finish packing tonight, head to the airport early in the morning to catch a 9:00 flight out. Sad and happy all at the same time. Eager to be home, definitely. Looking forward to a lot of things back home. NOT looking forward to the flights home though. At least I'm flying British Air and not some Nigerian airline...shikes, another near miss yesterday with an emergency landing of a Bellview (Nigerian) aircraft in Ghana flying from Lagos.

Well, likely my last post from Nigeria, so thanks for everybody who has read this, and feel free to repsond or leave comments!

Kipp

No comments: