Sunday, June 01, 2003

With 3.4 out of the way (almost anyway), and ISS targeted to be complete the middle of June (all the work should be done now), and SAS 70 out of the way, I should be able to start thinking again.

3.8 looks to be a trio of sprints, with John managing them, I should be able to really open up a bit about how we are doing things at least beyond the 1 month horizon.

In particular, I want to make a roadmap for my eventual phd. I'm meeting with Jim Foley in a couple of weeks to get his thoughts on the matter.

My thinking is this:
1) Begin writing
2) Get articles published
3) Get articles in a referreed journal
4) Begin the conference tour
5) Determine my target thesis
6) Locate primary, secondar, tertiary school and prof to partner with
7) Do whatever it takes to get into one of these

Now, the hard part is balancing this with family and nuBridges. The goal is to align at least the writing and thesis with nuBridges such that they can be complimentary rather than at odds. This shouldn't be difficult in that there are a lot of areas that could be directly impacted within the nuBridges scope.

No comments: