Sunday, June 29, 2003

So, Steve Youngblood and Volker Shultz have put together an idea, prototype and business plan for a company they call PointWare. In esscence, it is a flash publishing and hosting (asp) system targeting advertisers (small to medium) who want dynamic content in their online ads. Potentially targetting things such as coffee shop kiosk type advertising, online auction sites (yahoo, ebay), and double click like advertising organizations.

The system is really nice visually and creates a nifty swf file when done that is easily editable and publishable. They have done a good job with the UI and the experience, however if you are used to direct manipulation (e.g. power point) you will be somewhat disappointed in the awkwardness that this interface forces you into.

A nice tool, and some interesting potential. It also is in the arena of information publishing which does interest me.

They would like to consider me as a potential 3rd person in their company. I find this quite flattering, and have seriously considered how I could become involved. However, with the other things currently going on in my life, I'm going to have to bow out.

No comments: