Thursday, March 30, 2006

Google Foundation kicks it up a notch

I like to see this type of activity, I hope we see much more of this, as it sounds like a neat way to build capacity, business capability, innovation and make it happen from the inside out.

Google Foundation has really started to kick into gear with a number of committments. They recently had one of their funded agencies post on the Google blog with an article entitled "TechnoServe update: New program in Ghana". TechnoServe is one of the agencies supported by Google, they focus on helping entreprenuers in developing regions -- apparently they are after my own heart!

I'm definitely going to do some more research on both of these organizations. I had noticed Google Foundation earlier when they hired Larry Brilliant as the Executive Director back in February, but TechnoServe is new to me (well, I'm actually rather new to this area, so there is a whole lot that is new to me!).

Kipp

No comments: