Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hello Boston!

Well, the summer has wrought quite the change. Whist pursuing my degree at Georgia Tech, I've been working with a company in Boston, Skyhook Wireless as I've used a lot of their data for my research in wireless positioning and mobile location services.

Well, they closed another round of funding in July and subsequently invited me to join the team. After due consideration, I accepted and the family has thus been thrust into the midst of a move to the Boston area. We're excited by the opportunity, but still trying to get our northeastern legs under us.

The company is located in downtown Boston and we've located a house in Medfield...a 'burb that puts me about 35 minutes of train ride away. The house is rather old -- built in 1751! But it's in good shape and came with 1.5 acres of land, so we're stoked.

The girls started school today and so far so good!

I'll post more info and pictures soon.

Kipp

1 comment:

Brian Moyer said...

Welcome to the North, since we've preceded you by about 3 months. Look forward to seeing the pictures. Hope all is going well.
Brian