Thursday, March 16, 2006

FCC and Google

Funny, I recently had a conversation with Andrew McLaughlin regarding the reserach I've been doing in Africa on regional telecom regulation and Internet interconnection. A very insightful fellow that added quite a bit of value to my research.

Well, he is the general counsel for Google and he recently showed up on one of my news feeds when he 'groused' about the FCC.

Om Malik pointed it out, with the original story on Light Reading.

I gotta tend to agree, the FCC hasn't had the best record, but then we usually only hear about the things they screw up, there has to be some good stuff in there somewhere, right? I just can't imagine good coming out of this 'QOS' charge that appears to me as nothing more than a tax, a troll, a burden, a leech on a growing buisness that the big boys want to latch onto.

Kipp

No comments: