Wednesday, September 21, 2005

PhD

Okay, it's been awhile since I've been here, sorry me.

I'm back at Georgia Tech working on my PhD at the College of Computing. I have 3 main thrusts of research right now that I'm weaving together as best I can, clustered around mobile, location-based information management:

1) Location-based pattern discovery
2) Location-based information and its impact on enterprises
3) Mobile/location-aware systems in developing countries

Why such a diverse set? Well, I've been working on wireless positioning services for a bit of time now with Skyhook Wireless. This led me into the world and I think I'm here to stay. I have a background in enterprise computing and I'm being funded by the Tennenbaum Institute to work on enterprise transformation. And lastly, I'm interested in the deployment of technology world wide and have been amazed by the uptake of mobile computing in the developing world. All of this may be a loose weave, but nonetheless, it is my current strategy.

No comments: